wibiya widget

Saturday 4 February 2012

Don't STOP, Never GIVE UP...

There I was, one step away and as Mike Roberts put his 
hand out to help me step that last little step I could no 
longer stop the tears. I was 5642 mtrs in the air, I was at 
the roof top of Europe and as I looked out at the earths 
curvature  I could not think of a moment in my life when I 
had felt more of a victor. 
I had done it, I had risked everything, I had put myself in 
the position where failure was more probable than success 
and I had made it. You see, i've wanted to stand on 
mountain tops since I was a little girl but somewhere 
along the way I had let the dream go, until one day when 
I woke up and decided I was going to go for it. So there I 
was just standing on the roof top of Europe with an 
Everest legend Mike Roberts and Guy Munnoch the head 
of Zurich group. 



It's a beautiful feeling to achieve a dream. It makes you 
hungry for more because nothing tastes so good as doing 
what somebody said you couldn't do. Standing up and 
telling yourself I will not let the opportunity of failure 
stop me from doing something that I truly absolutely 
dream of doing. So when I decide to traverse the highest 
peak in Africa in just four days and people say it's 
impossible given my size, I won't have the endurance. 
What do I do these days? I take a photographer along for 
the ride. That is what this journey is about. That's why I'm 
willing to take aim at one of the greatest sporting feats in 
the world, put my hand up and say that I want to be the 
fastest woman to do it. I want to be the youngest New 
Zealand woman to stand on top of Everest. I want to be 
the first woman of Maori descendant to take the roof top 
of the world. This journey is not only for me and every 
person I love. This journey is for every single person who 
has had a dream and surrendered it to the voice of doubt. 
Take your dream back, chase it down, dare to be 
extraordinary. Dare to live your dreams, there is nothing 
more magical and there is no greater gift you can give to 
the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment