wibiya widget

Saturday 4 February 2012

Elbrus Gear... TOP 5

My 5 favorite pieces of gear on Elbrus:

1) My PINK Adidas 3 in Terrex Jacket Gore Tex. Probably the light of its kind with a primaloft jacket insert o it's like a two for 1. The gore tex is so light it's super breathable and the primaloft insert has become one of my favorite layers on the mountain (more on that later). The hood features a stiff brim and zips right up over the nose which was perfect for the snow storm we got caught in n the way to the summt.

2) My pink SONY cybershot. Absolute god send shock proof, water proof and most importantly freeze proof!! If you;re going to the limit this is the pocket rocket to come along for the ride. Super light, easy to use with gloves on, battery life that just keeps going and going... Oh and did I mention it shoots in 3D? (I'm holding it in the photo at the summit with Guy Munnoch).

3) Black Diamond poles. Black Diamond make seriously the most sturdy poles you can find, they wont let you down. I've recently been invited to be a Black Diamond ambassador so I look forward to bringing you lots of gear reviews! The poles I used on Elbrus were the Trail Trekking Pole 2011

4) Marmot Col Membrain sleeping bag! There is nothing else I want to sleep in on a mountain and I'm not just saying that because I'm an ambassador for this bag.

5) GU Chomps. I'm an addict and I had to seriously contain myself on Elbrus to save some for Summit day. YUMMY and so much better than the yucky gels. GU is leading the way and they taste seriously good!

    


No comments:

Post a Comment