wibiya widget

Saturday 4 February 2012

February 5th 2011

On this day 1 year ago on GPS one of my families boats in Tutukaka, Northland with one of my best friends Annabel Anderson and another good friend Cam Farrell we were talking about goals for the year and things we always wanted to do. I bought up Everest and said I would like to make a special trip to base camp as I probably wouldn't ever have time to climb it. Less than 3 weeks later I quit work and started my mountain journey...

Something Cam had said weighed on my mind, we had been talking about what mattered in life. You have to do what you love, you have to push yourself, you have to be brave enough to live your dreams. No excuses, you want it... GO GET IT! In the middle of our talk we got a Blue Marlin strike, it was a biggie and we hauled it up to the boa where it got off the hook... I have learnt over the past year that Cam was correct "If you can haul a Blue Marlin 4 times your size up to a boat, there aint much you can't do girly."

Belles one of my dearest friends has been a huge support on this journey both she and Cam are two people unafraid to chase down their dreams. Belles is the current world No.2 and European No.1 for Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Cam is one of the most hardcore big wave, big adventure people around... Some of the stuff he drops into makes Everest look like a walk in the park.










No comments:

Post a Comment