wibiya widget

Saturday 4 February 2012

More from Russia...

Here we go.. Better late than never.. Thought I had better finish off Russia before I started telling you about Kilimanjaro...

Recently I was talking to a friend of mine about my ridiculous fascination with supermarkets. It's one of the first things I do when I arrive in a new city/country check out the supermarket! When I lived in Dubai when I got homesick I would head to the supermarket where you literally shop for meat by country. I would go buy myself some good NZ steak, just seeing New Zealand Eye Fillet on the purchase docket used to make me feel good, in-fact sometimes I would go on an entire NZ binge of various items and come home with it all much to the amusement of my Canadian flatmate. I didn't find anything labelled NZ in Russia but heres some pics of the supermarket in Moscow I visited... Enjoy!
















Aside from looking totally suspect wandering around a russian supermarket a stones throw from Red Square in Moscow, the strangest thing I came across was the fish... They didn't look all that healthy not exactly a red snapper caught off the back of the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment